Loan to upgrade and increase my clothes production

Rebecca Affum

Berekum Kato, Ghana

100% repaid

Entrepreneur

Name

Rebecca Affum

Member since

July 2015

On-time repayments

177 installments  •  50%

About Me

My name is Rebecca Affum and am 32 years old. I started schooling in Dunkwa-on-offin, Zoin no. 2 Primary school. I was brought to the Capital city of Ghana to further my education but things didn't move on well as expected. My parents relocated from Dunkwa-on-offin which is in the central Region of Ghana which basically in theCentral Region . I finished my Junior high school there in which l was left alone to face the world.
I thought of going into the sale of used dresses . I earn a lot .which really help cover much of my expenses. I usually take the dress to friends who are into sowing to help me the fress in good shape and size .From observations l noticed l was using alot of funds.I decicided to develop instrest ,so l started small atyached to a friend when l need assistance withoout any formal training.

Currently I am a single mother with one child who is schooling now. I love her so much.

My Business

Well as I said earlier on I have the passion for dressmaking. My mother has a sowing machine so that's what I started using I'm my business. I was making some new dresses from the second hand clothing. I realise I can make it a big time business if I have a formal training. My child's father supported in my schooling as a professional dressmaker. After schooling I started make dresses and I was making money but it got to a point where I want to expand my business, things became difficult. I use to sell my products outside the country normally to the United States. This became worse when my husband divorced me. I have been able to build up a working capital for about $2000, I have a large demand but the raw materials to deliver is my challenge. Thank you

Loan Proposal

Thank you my lovely lenders for your support and timely help. I was able to buy my raw materials and my first production to the USA was produced and sent. i so excited working with you guys. I still need a loan for about $10000.00, for the expansion of my business. There are more demand of my clothes in The United States but the financing is a challenge. Will us about 70% of the loan to buy more raw materials for my production and the remaining 30% to clare my outstanding utility bills at my work place. If am able to raise this loan I will be able to increase my profit to about 80% and also take good care of my daughter for her to have a better and quality education. My costumer based has increased now so I have employed one person to help me carry out the work at my shop. I have been able to register my company now. Thank you lenders in advance

Feedback

1

None

None



Loading...

Loan Info

Project Type

Classic Loan

Disbursed amount

$392.86

Date disbursed

Apr 29, 2016

Repayment status

On Time

Projected term

5 months

Cost to entrepreneur

Service fee: $9.37

Lenders

fransk

Culemborg, Netherlands

Mark

Nijmegen, Netherlands

S

Staf

Humbeek, Belgium

PG

Paul Graham

United States

PR

Priscilla Rathbone

Seattle, Washington, United States

MW

Mark Walmsley

Canberra, Australia

Craig Newmark

United States

The Zinc Team

San Francisco, United States

Humble Bundle Community

San Francisco, United States

Curious Customs

Austin, Texas, United States

Ask Rebecca a question about this loan project, share news and photos of your own, or send a simple note of thanks or inspiration.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...