Tution for my university degree in engineering

Foster Fofie

Aboaso, Ghana

Funds disbursed

$0 to go

100% funded of $100 goal

0

days left

Entrepreneur

Name

Foster Fofie

Member since

January 2015

On-time repayments

7 installments  •  0%

About Me

I was born and bred in Navrongo in the the Upper East region of Ghana. I had my basic and Junior High school education in a school called Tono primary and Junior High school respectively and went out of the region to the Upper West region where I attended Nandom Senior High school for four years and learnt that that small distance meant a whole lot of cultural differences. I graduated in 2012 and got admitted into University of Ghana that same year to offer Bsc Computer Engineering where I still am. In Navrongo we love our smocks and to which is like the main meal. Living conditions are quite low but paying fees becomes difficult as you go up the educational ladder when you come from a large family with limited sources of income because most people are small scale farmer and petty traders. Schooling in Accra is a big challenge because the cost of living is high and everything is so expensive. Through the use of strict budgets, rationing and a lot of sacrifices I have been able to make it this far but thing are becoming increasingly difficult. I love playing volleyball though and trying hard to learn how to swim. Though I am from the north I own just one smock, the reason being they are now very expensive.

My Business

I am still and have been investing my all, my time and energy into my education which I think is the best way to help me grow as a person and one day aid me in making me financially stable and in the starting of my dream business which is a computer and related accessories retail and repair. I think such a venture would continually yield profit since computing is a growing and evolving industry whose demand would always grow. Right now I am concentrated on my education which at the moment requires capital for the payment of residential fees and the purchase of learning equipment and materials which the little drops of support from home is inadequate.

Loan Proposal

I intend to use 80% thus $80.00 to aid pay residential fees and the remaining 20% thus $20.00 to purchase computer accessories to aid in my study if I am granted this opportunity. Accommodation on campus and some equipment would help my study of engineering a lot and help me attend classes and do my practical work on time.

Feedback

None

None

None

Loan Info

Project Type

Classic Loan

Disbursed amount

$111.67

Date disbursed

Feb 2, 2015

Repayment status

Late

Projected term

7 weeks

Cost to entrepreneur

Lender interest: $111.67 at 6.93% annual rate over 1 month = $1.17

Service fee: $0.38

Lenders

S

stroll

Stockholm, Sweden

Zidisha

Sterling, United States

B

bobabrown

Canton, CT, United States

T

tmsaddress

Orlando, Florida, United States

R

RichardH

Manchester, United Kingdom

Susansfund

Colorado Springs, United States

S

Serge

Bascharage, Luxembourg

clemenchiang

Singapore, Singapore

S

samuk

Nottingham, United Kingdom

danielytao

Boston, United States

jan73

Eugene, Oregon, United States

Ask Foster a question about this loan project, share news and photos of your own, or send a simple note of thanks or inspiration.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...